Board of Management
The volunteer members of the Board of Management oversee the strategic direction of MDHS. Members are appointed for one, two or three year terms by the Governor in Council and are responsible for the provision of agreed services within the resources available.
The Board of Management is the governance body of MDHS, a role which includes monitoring the financial management, risk management, care standards and compliance with regulations and legislation.
Board of Management:
- Peter McAllister (Chairman)
- Kelly Mason (President)
- Gerard Richmond (Treasurer)
- Anthony Snell
- Darren Murrell
- Robyn Smith
- Andrea Ford
- Windsor Main
- Ron Eason
CEO Terry Welch manages MDHS and reports to the board of directors. He is supported by senior executive who oversee the running of departmetns between them.
The MDHS Senior Leadership team is committed to operating cohesively to help people manage their own health better and understands Government priorities but always delivering person-centred goals, as well as developing a working environment which promotes a sense of well-being and creating opportunities for education and understanding.
- Terry Welch, Chief Executive Officer ( MBA, GradDipHlthSrvcsMgt, Cert Coronary Care, RN, GAICD)
- Mrs Laura Main, Director of Finance & Corporate Services ( Chartered Accountant, BABus/HotelMgt)
- Mrs Nickola Allan, Director of Clinical Services (RN, GradDipFrtlneMgt)